Monday, May 13, 2013

ITS ALL ABOUT LIGHT

An Internatioinal Photographer Neil van Niekerk (USA) who's work I've always admired made the following comment.

"My answer came from a simple realization that took me years to really grasp: It is all about the direction and the quality of the light. Whether you use natural light, on-camera flash, off-camera flash, multiple-light setups or video light, it all comes down to exactly that—the direction and quality of light. Once you recognize this aspect of photography and lighting, then the door is wide open for you to be able to use any light source comfortably."

Soooooooooooooooo When I'm photographing your wedding, portrait, sunset shoot ......you will find that I tend to gently persuade you into a position when I can optimise on the available light.

This  is a major factor when planning a wedding - I'd really like to part of the planning team to ensure that you have good lighting.   One wedding ceremony was done under a canopy with no lighting at all .....Fortunately I had a a few of my "stage" lights in my car and was able to use these to enhance the canopy.  It worked!




No comments: